Subleasing rules

You can see the rules for subletting your accommodation below: 
  1. You must have a valid reason for needing to sublet your accommodation. Valid reasons include: approved leave from your studies, internship, exchange program.

  2. You must be able to document to KBS that both sublessor and subtenant are active students during the subleasing period.

  3. Sublessor must send documentation for valid subleasing reason. The date for the internship period or exchange period must be evident from this documentation. 

  4. In the subleasing period, all obligations and rights for lease, as stated in the existing contract, fall upon the subtenant. 

  5. Obligations and rights are not limited to the lease, but also pertain to the common areas. We call attention to the fact that the subtenant is liable for all damage done by him or her and possible guests. This covers both furniture and fixtures in the lease and other areas at the dormitory. However, the dormitory will always hold the sublessor liable for the damages, and it is up to the sublessor to make a claim against the subtenant. Furthermore, we always refer to the existing contract for the lease.

  6. The rent for the lease is charged from the subtenant – KBS will send a bill in the end of every month. It is also possible for the subtenant to register the rent for automatic payment. It is important that the subtenant remembers to cancel the automatic payment upon moving out. The sublessor must also remember to cancel any automatic payments upon transferring the lease to the subtenant.

  7. The rent must not exceed the at any time existing rent. 

  8. It is not allowed to charge extra for furniture.

  9. It is not allowed to keep pets.

  10. Subtenant must be aware of any existing rules and regulations for the dormitory, such as dormitory orders, maintenance regulations etc.

  11. The subtenant is liable to the sublessor for any extra payments for water, electricity and heat.

  12. The  sublessor is liable to the dormitory for any extra payments for water, electricity and heat.

  13. Missing payments on part of the subtenant do not exempt the sublessor from his or her legal responsibility to pay.
If you want to sublet your accommodation, you and your subtenant must fill out and sign the (subleasing agreement). You must also send proof of student activity (see points 1-3) to the administrator at

Standard subleasing agreement